All-In-One Grades 1 to 3 music theory
A fast track from Beginner / Grades 1 to Grade 3 Music Theory (158 Pages) by Rachel Billings. Contains the same material as the lower grades of ‘All-On-One to Grade 5’ book, with 99 EXTRA exercises throughout. ENDORSED by Victoria College of Music (All-In-One is “Best Music Theory” in their opinion). Read more here Covers all topics found in the new ABRSM 2018 syllabus, Trinity College London (and forthcoming Victoria College of Music) syllabus, plus more besides.
All-In-One Grades 1 to 3 music theory is a concise, yet fully comprehensive, step-by-step explanation of music theory from beginner to Grade 3 for both Associated Board (ABRSM) and Trinity College London students. Appeals to all ages, child or adult.
This book coincides with the publication of the THIRD edition of ‘All-In-One to Grade 5’ (beginner to grade 5) on which it is based, containing all the same material as the lower grades with EXTRA EXERCISES in areas where students need most practice, as well as all grades 1 to 3 material from the ‘Trinity Supplement’ booklet (Students who buy both ‘All-In-One: Grades 1-3’ and ‘All-In-One: Grades 4-5’ benefit from all the same material found in ‘All-In-One to Grade 5’ book PLUS an impressive 212 extra exercises!). All-In-One music theory is different to other music theory books because it is:
- VISUAL – easy to learn and remember. Most illustrations reinforce concepts learnt rather than being merely decorative
- INTEGRATED…yet progressive, exploring patterns across the grades ‘All-In-One…is presented quite differently from most other theory books…an integrated scheme of work…as opposed to small chunks of info which will hopefully click together like lego bricks’ Rhinegold
- COMPREHENSIVE AND IN DEPTH (‘extremely thorough’ EPTA) with graded checklists for both ABRSM and Trinity College London students.
…also FUN containing highly original games which appeal to students of every age.
A RADICALLY NEW APPROACH proven highly effective and memorable, devised by Rachel Billings. The author’s method exposes simple and underlying rules and patterns of music theory, enabling students to work things out for themselves and arises from the conviction that a pupil gains satisfaction and enjoyment from their work if they understand ‘why’ rules and conventions exist (not just what). Text is kept minimal and alternates with work sheets and plenty of exercises/revision material to test understanding (beware of some other multi-grade books which do not have exercises). Illustrations are helpful (not merely decorative) therefore it is a book to be enjoyed by students of any age and will free up valuable lesson time for the instrumental work it supports. “Extremely thorough” say Rhinegold Music Teacher magazine (the UK’s leading resource for music education). This book will ‘Fast-track’ you to grade 3 but speed is not in fact the core goal. Aim for comprehension and speed comes naturally as a by-product (largely because this book avoids the traditional, time-consuming rote learning). See the Review page to read what the professionals themselves have to say about All-In-One to Grade 5.
Knowledge of music theory is essential for any instrumentalist (with good reason the ABRSM will not permit anyone to take a practical exam on their chosen instrument past intermediate level, unless they first have Grade 5 music theory). Click here to read about the importance of learning music theory.
1) Buy ‘All-In-One to Grade 5’ (£15.99) + ‘Trinity Supplement’ (£3.99) for £19.98 Or …
2) Own ‘All-In-One: Grades 1-3’ (£9.99) plus ‘All-In-One: Grades 4-5’ (£9.99) for the same total of £19.98, yet you get more exercises for your money (All-In-One: Grades 1-3 and 4-5 already contain all the exercises from the Trinity Supplement PLUS extra exercises throughout)